Last updated 19 August 2020
Warranty and Returns
Designer Bums is proud to work with highly experienced and quality manufacturing partners, using premium materials. However, if there is a problem or mistake with your purchase and you are not satisfied with your product please see the warranty information below. The warranty is extended to original owner of the product only, and proof of purchase must be supplied. This excludes international orders.
We trust our products completely, so all our products are fully warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for 3 months from purchase. We are committed to complying with all our obligations under consumer laws. If a product fails due to a major manufacturing fault or material defect, you can ask for a replacement or refund. Or, we will repair it free of charge if that is possible and practical. For a minor fault or defect, we may repair it free of charge, or if it is not practical to repair it, we will replace it or offer a refund at our discretion. In the event we have made an error, we will cover all shipping costs.
Our warranty covers:
- defective snaps;
- defective stitching;
- defective PUL;
- defective zippers; and
- flaws in fabric (but not print placement).
Our warranty does not cover:
- normal wear and tear;
- change of mind;
- sale items;
- the natural breakdown beyond the reasonable life of the materials and components (e.g. fading, pilling and shrinkage in certain fabrics) – natural fibres will shrink after washing;
- modifications or alterations (e.g. cutting, stitching and removing parts including the care label);
- damage caused by improper use (e.g. forceful use of snaps);
- improper care and maintenance (i.e. not following our care instructions, exposing to high heat or chemicals causing delamination);
- snags; or
- improper storage;
- incorrect use and fitting of the products, leaking;
- not fitting
- where the purchase was not made directly from Designer Bums or a verified retailer or stockist of our brand (i.e the product was purchased on the second-hand market.)
Prior to use of our products, please carefully read the care and washing instructions.
Returned product must be unused, as new and in the original packaging with all tags still intact.
For returns, please fill out the return form below and attach photos and with proof of purchase. A returns address will be provided to you on request, please do not post items back without prior return approval. Please choose carefully and contact us with any queries prior to your purchase as we do not allow returns where you have changed your mind about a product, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you do not like the purchase or have no use for it, we do not offer.
The following reasonable conditions apply to returns:
- Please contact support with your return within 7 days of receipt of your order being delivered via the returns form stating if you have received a manufacturing fault or order error. Please wait for return approval before sending back, as we cannot accept items without return authorisation. Items must be returned to us within 14 days of receipt. Please send us your tracking number and inform us of the day of lodgement so we can anticipate your return and process asap.
- In the event we have made an error or there is a defective item, we will cover all shipping costs where applicable.
- Refunds will be made payable to original payment method used on the order. Please allow 7-10 days to process
- Returns via a stockist must be raised by the original purchaser with them first and will be forwarded to us – Proof of purchase is always required.
- Returns cannot be accepted for sizing and fit reasons
- If you seek a refund on any item purchased using a promotional offer, the value of the discount will not be refunded to you.
- Gift cards or clearance items are not eligible for returns
Insurance – Lost, stolen or damaged goods
We offer optional insurance through Route which covers loss, damage or theft and is calculated on your cart value. For high value orders we strongly encourage you to select insurance to manage any potential risk. If insurance is not selected and your parcel(s) is lost, damaged or stolen in transit we are unable to assist with the replacement or repair of goods. By unticking the insurance option, you agree that you assume all risk for your parcel(s) and Designer Bums is not liable to you for any loss and/or damage. Any claims for loss, damage or theft of your parcel(s) must be made directly with Route.
To make an insurance claim please contact Route directly here: