Cloth Pad Fitting Guide
How to use a reusable cloth pad
1. Lay into your underwear with the cotton side up, pattern side down.
2. Fold the wings around the underwear.
3. Secure by snapping closed to desired width.
4. Once used store in discreet Mini Wet Bag to transport home for washing.
We recommend 3-6 cloth menstrual pads per day in a range of sizes to suit your period cycle length and flow.
Washing & Care
1. Pre-wash before first use with like colours to avoid colour run. After use hand-rinse pads in cold to warm water under the tap until the water is clear. Gently squeeze out excess water and dry-pail at the end of each day.
2. Main Cycle every 2-3 days maximum on Heavy / Long cottons cycle at 40-60 degrees MAX with the full amount of detergent for your load size. Adding a pre-wash to this cycle is recommended. Recommended to be added to towels or cloth nappy washing loads. Do NOT soak in napisan, bleach or detergents or user softeners as this may damage the fabrics. Do not iron.
3. Drying: Smooth from the machine and lay flat to keep shape. Line dry outdoors is recommended with the organic cotton side facing towards sunshine or indoors on drying rack. Ensure pads are completely dry before storing away to avoid mould forming and allow 24-48 hours or longer in winter months. Allow for minor shrinking of natural organic fibres.
STILL HAVE A QUESTION OR FEEL UNSURE?
Join Designer Bums VIPs on Facebook for personalised assistance from our team of fitting experts and wonderful community of parents.